Elvis & Kresse is an environmentally motivated design practice. By environmentally motivated I mean that we exist to solve environmental problems. We started by solving London’s hose waste problem, and over time found more and more wastes that no one had tackled yet. Wastes that didn’t deserve the indignity of landfill but were perhaps too niche for mainstream recycling companies to see potential in. By transforming burnt out redundant fire hose into luxury goods and accessories we have developed a reputation for alchemy. Our Fire Hose success proved that we could do it, that we had just a little bit of magic in our methods; this is why our small design practice is now involved in design projects with much larger companies, ones with equally large waste problems.
Being circular should be the ultimate in design, the pinnacle that every designer aspires to achieve. But it is tricky, it also has to be commercially viable and attractive to our wonderfully complex customers and clients. Our new leather reclamation project is set to achieve this.
We have been working on it for years. It has had clear, evolutionary phases, it is designed to adapt, to be re-imagined by consumers and other designers, to have a life long past our ‘tinkering’. It will only ever be truly circular if it ceases to be ours; if it becomes yours, theirs, and then someone else’s, in some other form. It could be our best work, but we won’t know that until we lose complete control of its future. How exciting.
Maybe this is why it is going to take a while for designers to truly embrace circularity. They are trained to make something that is the best, but if you are going to be circular you are aiming for the best being yet to come.
Before placing an order, if you have any questions at all about these terms and conditions, please email James!
These terms & conditions are updated from time to time and the changes will be effective at the point of order.
Delivery, Returns & Exchanges
- We will contact you if there is an excessive delay in sending out your goods.
- Goods will be shipped according to the method selected by you, at the time you place your online order.
- Goods are usually despatched on the same working day if placing your order before 15:00 UK time.
- Some products are made to order and so may take 2 working days to dispatch.
- Exchange items can be requested a maximum of two times. Further exchange requests may be refused.
- Customers sending cheque payments will have a delay in their order being despatched.
- Personalised items cannot be returned unless there is a fault with the product.
- Personalised items may take longer to ship (up to 2 additional days)
- Returns will be accepted only if they are in the same condition that they were received and within 30 days of despatch.
- Goods are subject to availability. If an item becomes out of stock when we receive the order, we will let you know right away and you will not be charged.
- Each of our pieces are unique. There are slight variations in colour and detailing - some items may have the Angus Duraline details printed onto the hose when it is first extruded and some may not, but they all look fabulous! If you require a particular style ie writing or no writing, please email James when you place the order stating your name, the product ordered and the style you require and we will do our utmost to accommodate you.
- All sizes and measurements are as accurate as possible.
- Products are made from reclaimed material and as such are vintage and will bear the scars of active duty.
- All Elvis & Kresse products carry a 12 month guarantee from the date of purchase. If within this period you detect a fault, they will be replaced or repaired as appropriate.
- Payments are processed at the time of ordering.
- All prices include VAT where appropriate.
- Eako Ltd is registered for VAT in the UK - GB864102249
- The total cost of the order is that of the goods purchased plus delivery charges.
- All products are sent either with a courier or via Royal Mail Signed For services and so a signature will be required.
- We can ship to most countries around the world but if you require any further information, please contact James
- Shipping to the UK is free on orders over £100.00 and on International orders over £200.00
Customs and Import duties
- Any additional charges for customs clearance on products delivered outside the EU are borne by the customer
- The customer is considered the importer of record and must comply with laws of the importing country.
- Customs policies vary from country to country so if you require further information please contact your local customs office.
Elvis & Kresse is a registered trademark of Eako Ltd. The design, images and content © copyright of Eako Ltd (22nd June 2011), all rights reserved.